You’ve heard the saying: instead of telling, it’s better to show. And that also applies to advertising. People love to watch rather than reading and that is a matter of fact. According to Facebook Study, the ad creatives that use visuals rather than just having any text show higher lift:
• 67% in optimized conversion
• 67% in ad recall
• 70% in incremental ROAS
So why not use this knowledge and apply some easy but effective steps to create ads that will convert better and help you to transform your audience into actual clients. So here are the right goals to set when creating an ad campaign:
◆ identify your brand
◆ drive brand recognition and differentiation
◆ build trust with your audience
That’s what smartly developed ads have to do. But initially, you have to do your homework and produce the campaign based on data. And here what you need to know:
1. Identify a specific goal of the campaign, e.g. drive traffic to the website, collect emails for a newsletter, or increase the number of downloads of your free content.
2. Identify key benefits of your product or service. What is your unique selling proposition? Look from different perspectives and angles. That will help you stay creative.
3. Build a clear message that reflects your goal and create a button or a link with a specific call to action, e. g. subscribe now, save 30% on the purchase, or download now.
4. Decide on the visuals based on your data above. The elements you would like to think upfront are colors, images, and videos.
Colors. We suggest using a palette that drives the attention. Differentiate yourself with various catchy colors but make sure they reflect your message. Sometimes a simple black-and-white palette works better for a specific theme. Use little inspiration below while picking the best colors for your ads:
– RED associates with the passion and excitement
– YELLOW brings cheerfulness and optimism
– GREEN goes for growth and safety
– BLUE usually means competence and trust
– PURPLE comes for inspired and “relaxed” messages
Images and videos. Those are the most important elements in your ad and it’s the part where all the fun starts. Your imagination and creativity should be endless. There are no rights or wrongs – design images or videos that communicate with your audience and highlight the benefits of your product or service. You should develop a bridge between your brand and your target market. To catch the inspiration download the guide with the examples of the creatives advised by Facebook that have shown a high conversion rate.
Also, use this Creative Checklist to learn how to design mobile-optimized ads for Facebook and Instagram.
• Creative Presentation by Facebook, 2020
• Facebook Data, 2019, 9 Creative Shop Pilots with Brand & Conversion Lift Studies
Google Analytics 4. Implementation Guide for GTM
2 April 2021
Learn with Google: 5-Step Guide to Make Better Marketing Measurements
23 March 2021
How to Expand Your Target Market and Lift The Business with Dashing Growth
23 February 2021